Monday, 10 July 2017

Blue Rodeo - "Rena" [Official Video]

3 comments:

  1. "Rena"

    I got my plans
    From trembling hands
    I knew just what to do
    Follow each step carefully
    And hope they pulled me through
    My father ran
    To different lands
    And not a word we spoke
    But I was here
    To conquer fear
    And bring some glory home

    There's a world of hate and sorrow
    Out there standing in your way
    There's a load of compromise
    Before you die
    And each time you step forward you get burned a little bit
    No longer know the way
    To say goodbye
    Now I'm down here underneath
    Your bedroom light
    Rena please come out
    With me tonight

    I look in through
    The window
    And I though I'd take
    My chance
    I taught myself to play
    So I could be where people danced
    No higher call
    Than stars that fall
    I waited patiently
    A thousand miles of pavement
    That became my destiny

    You can wait a lonely lifetime
    Wondering when it's gonna come
    You can while away the hours
    Getting stoned
    But one day you get lucky
    And you look in someone's eyes
    That tell you you don't
    Have to be alone
    Now I'm falling back
    Just out of your sight
    Rena please come out
    With me tonight

    Oh now I know the way things go
    And what I put you through
    Cause when they try to get to me
    They get to me through you

    I know it's not the kind of hurt
    That's easily set right
    And I know you got your reasons
    To stay inside
    But nothing ever happens
    When it's left out on it's own
    You locked in there with
    Just your wounded pride
    I'm down here and I'm
    Way too tired to fight
    Rena please come out
    With me tonight
    Rena please come out
    With me tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love it and i not know this one mr music ♫ ..thanks for the lyrics kenny ..

    i was about to post em til i see you beat me to it:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too fast for ya thanks Pamela glad you enjoyed

      Delete